The Agency chose an RGB production flow incorporating the colorimetric profile in the file in order to ensure:
• Greyscale balance and uniform colour rendering,
• Consistency between files from different sources (digital cameras and scanners),
• Conversion of files for multiple destinations (CMYK 1, CMYK 2, etc.),
• • Combination of early binding(1) and the flexibility of late binding(2)
(1) Early binding: Production flow in which all colours are converted in the output colour space (CMYK) as soon as possible.
(2) Late binding: Production flow in which the conversion in the output colour space is delayed for as long as possible.
During digitization or in the development of the native file, the source profile is attributed to the image and a DonRGB4 conversion in 16 bits per channel is carried out.
The images are visualized, touched up and controlled in the workspace.